Monday 10 December 2012

Script Writing- Workshop

Recently, myself and others were involved in a script writing workshop. In this workshop we began by looking at a script called "Fury". We read this script and  briefly analysed it to absorb the formatting and style which was later used to write drafts of our own scripts.

We learnt about how scripts and screenplays are used in the media business and how to format them in a professional style. The image below is an example of how a script should be formatted. It covers the basics and is informative as to how a screenplay/ script should be written.
 The formatting within screenplays that we coovered were use of scene, slug line (or scene headings, scene direction, character cue, actor direction and dialogue.

Using what I had learnt, I was able to produce a draft for my future script of my film opening "SHOT".







No comments:

Post a Comment